Friday, October 15, 2010

Saving Money Single

Background for this blog:

I am a young (20's something) professional who just started my career. To start my career, I moved 600 miles away from home and took a pay cut from the job I had in college just so I could get into my field and get the best experience possible.

So here I am in a new city, with new friends, on an even tighter income, without family to bum food from or use their washer and dryer, ect. I needed to set a budget, change my spending patterns, and learn to save some money quick in order to stay a-float and not go further into debt. I started looking around at different blogs and found a lot run by stay at home moms. They are my true inspiration for me in many areas. However, in this stage of my life, I don't have children so I don't care how to save $17.38 on a box of diapers.

After much thinking, and some boy drama, this blog was born. The purpose of this blog is to discuss ways to save money while still living "that life." You know the one I am talking about. The one where you get to go out with friends at least once a week. The one where you have a retail shopping weakness. The one where you are finally out on you own and trying to make it.

This is the first post for this blog, but if you decided to follow me and this blog, hopefully you will learn something about budgeting, saving money, and living "that life."

No comments:

Post a Comment